If you are not the registered owner and want to obtain or retrieve items from the vehicle, you will need:

  • A signed, dated and notarized note or letter from the vehicles’ owner with a vehicle description including the VIN. (A Property/Vehicle Release Form is included below)


  • If the vehicle owner is in custody, a signed Jail Property/Vehicle Release Form is sufficient.
Property/Vehicle Release Form


If you have contacted your insurance company and you want to release the vehicle for pickup you must sign a release form. (An Insurance Release Form is included below)

Insurance Release Form